New Tech wanting New Travels.

New Tech wanting New Travels.

Posted by Lexiii360 on Mar 15, 2016 9:26 am

Hello! I am new to this site, but I am a second year Radiologic Technology student, who is graduating in May. I live in an area now where full time positions are just not available, and that is what I would like. So to get my experience up, and get to see the country I am really interested in being a travel tech. I am a bit nervous, considering I have never been away from home long by myself, but excited for the experience.

Can any of you tell me good companies and recruiters that you all have gone through, and the best way to start this process as a new grad? Also, are the places they put you safe in the location and housing? 

Thank you!!

Re: New Tech wanting New Travels.

Posted by joshkramer42 on Mar 22, 2017 9:48 am

Hi Lexi!

So just to give you a heads up...most travel agencies want you to have at least 2 years of experience under your belt.  However if you're looking to move away from where you are, some hospitals are willing to hire and offer relocation packages and whatnot.  Unfortunately a lot of hospitals around the areas of where schools are located become so saturated with technologists that it's hard for everyone to find a job.

I hope this helps you, but if you're looking to travel I can absolutely give you some of my experiences.  Where are you located at by the way?  I know the ASRT has job postings all the time for x-ray techs.  I can look and see what I find.

Josh

Re: New Tech wanting New Travels.

Posted by joshkramer42 on Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am

But apparently there are a few travel companies (including the one I'm with) who are willing to work with new grads :) Sorry, I just saw this as I was doing some research!  Aureus Medical has a Student Outreach Corodinator who works with new grads and whatnot.  Reach out to them and see what comes from it!

I hope you get some good news!

Josh