Travel Reimbursements

Travel Reimbursements

Posted by Superdenny on Jan 15, 2016 2:00 pm

I am about to sign a contact to start work in Texas on February 8 th . I was looking over my contract and noticed there wasnt getting a travel reimbursement to go to Texas. I emailed my recruiter and was told ....."I can but would have to lower the pay. I worked this up to just give you as much every week as possible. Like I said the rate is extremely low and we already took a hit to get you that pay rate. "
Can they really do this ?
I also had another question ...if I sign this contract and another better offer comes in the next few weeks  am I still obligated to this contact? Is it ok to back out ?

Re: Travel Reimbursements

Posted by barbrankin on Feb 3, 2016 12:20 pm

This seems strange to me.  I have always received a travel stipend on the first and last paycheck of each assignment.

Posted by sheronep on Feb 4, 2016 12:17 pm

Did you sign?

Posted by TravelwithTom on Feb 4, 2016 1:16 pm

You have to discuss all aspects of the contract up front and most important is what is included in the rate you were quoted. There is only x amount of money available for any particular contract and it can be split up any way you want. Housing, meals stipend, sign on bonus, travel stipend, completion bonus...any of these can be given but they all affect the bottom line. If the recruiter quoted you a maximum hourly rate without factoring in a travel stipend at the time then he/she will most likely have to lower your rate to give it to you. I have some therapists who like an upfront travel stipend or sign on bonus and some just want the maximum hourly rate without the bonus/travel stipend. It all washes out in the end as there is only so much $ to work with. Hope this helps.