Baltimore Housing

Baltimore Housing

Posted by TianaK on Aug 26, 2011 5:18 pm

I notice that a lot of travelers take housing set up by the company in Baltimore. And I know why. Baltimore is very patchy and some areas unsafe. However, if you look on craigslist there are plenty of rooms in safe areas. I took a job at Franklin Square in Rosedale, MD and found a 3 bedroom townhome with a professional female. In fact it was the best roommate experience I ever had. The room was completely furnished and she even let me use a flat acreen TV. It was quiet enough that If I worked nights it was fine. My roommate pretty much works 7-6ish and we hardly ever see eachother. Downtown, Canton, Fells Point, Camden Yards is only 20 minutes away. Rosedale is a superb in Baltimore County. Before I ended my assignment at JH I found a very large room 14x16 in a beautiful remodeled home with 3 floors, hardwood floors completely furnished. The area was a little sketchy but you have to just be safe and use common sense. The house was entirely rented out to grad students, Interns and Med/Nursing professionals. Another house I looked at was in a better neighborhood, was completely remodeled and the other rommate was a lawyer woking for a Senator. Living with locals versus getting housing affords you the opportunity to meet others qucikly and possbly someone who can show you the area.

Re: Baltimore Housing

Posted by KyleneRN on Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for this post! I'm considering finding my own housing in Baltimore for an assignment to start mid-March. I am finding a lot on Craigslist...but still waiting for the right living situation/time frame to pop up.

Posted by Nattybo on Mar 13, 2012 12:33 pm

I have lived in Balitmore for over 10 years, if you ever need to run something by a local, please let me know.  If you are working at JHH and they say housing close to the hospital ie across the street, say NO!!  JHH is in a rough area of town and you need to be careful about where you live around the hospital.  With that said less than a mile away from the hospital can be safe, for baltimore that is.  The city keeps you on your toes.  :) My email is nattybo77@gmail

Posted by starrj on Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm

My two cents (for future Baltimore travelers). I agree with TianaK, craigslist is a good route to go. I was definitely skeptical, but use your common sense and definitely go look at the place and meet your landlord. The area around JH Homewood campus is really nice and you can even ride their free shuttles to JHH if you work for them.
PS: took a liking to Natty Bo Beer!

Posted by KyleneRN on Jun 10, 2012 12:15 am

Hi All,
I'll be finishing up my assigment in Baltimore in early July and I found my housing on Craigslist. I actually got really lucky and wanted to spread the word. I ended up finding a cute 4 bedroom/2.5 bathroom, furnished townhome near Camden Yards stadium in a cute little area called Ridgely's Delight. It is right near U. of Maryland and only a 3 mi/10-15 commute to Johns Hopkins (where I'm currently on assignment). You can walk to the Inner Harbor area, where there is quite a bit to do. The girl that is the "landlord" is super sweet, quiet, a full-time PT student, and prefers short-term renters...like travel nurses, med students and other health professionals. She is currently looking for one room to be filled in the next couple of weeks, then one again (my room) at the end of July.  It's completely furnished, parking space included, affordable rent & utilities (I'm pocketing about $1,000 of my stipend). Anyways, if anyone is headed to Baltimore, send me a message and I can answer questions and/or get you in touch with her. :)

Posted by liltraveler on Sep 24, 2012 11:03 am

Hello, all. I'm not a traveling nurse, but I've been contacted by several traveling nurses through my posting on Craigslist (one's contract fell through and she ended up going to Philly, and another's roommate situation didn't work out, so they weren't able to rent). I am heading to Florida to help my parents for a few months (they're aging and are moving), so I'm offering my fully furnished rowhome for rent to traveling nurses for the next 1-6 months. It's a great house in a great neighborhood (I'm a single female, so that was important to me--and regardless of where you rent in Baltimore, it's really important as the difference from one block to the next can be significant in terms of crime). I'm 5 minutes from some local hospitals (GMBC, St. Joseph's), 10 minutes from a few others (Union Memorial), and 20 minutes from Hopkins Bayview. I'm just South of Towson if you're familiar with the area. It's a very 'm happy to send more photos and a fuller description if you're interested. Just email me at bethduncan07@gmail.com. Thanks, and good luck in your search! 
Attached Files

Posted by Jodiganoe1028 on Jul 10, 2018 9:00 am

Hi there,
I am starting in Baltimore for an 8 week assignment shortly....whats a good area to look, specific places?
Thanks!